Kia Telluride Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So...I'm sitting at dealerships right now and they said the same thing about a rock and shattered condenser. Waiting on price now. They told me that I might want to contact my insurance. Seems odd that the same thing is being said to y'all.
So I was just told the same thing! We cant all have rocks damaging our condensers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I was just told the same thing! We cant all have rocks damaging our condensers!
Agreed! This vehicle has plenty of ground clearance and the tyers seat well in the fender. There is no reason a rash of rocks large enough to crack the condenser should be barraging the underside. I put ours up on the lift and there is no sign of any significant rock strike anywhere. If people are not off roading or at least driving heavily graveled logging roads they shouldn't be having these issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2021 about two weeks ago. AC hasn't been all that impressive since we got it. Today it stopped working. Going to take pictures before I take it in because of reading these reports. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing is happening to my AC and the first thing they told me was if a rock hit it, it wouldn't be covered. I'm waiting on them to look at it. I'm in San Antonio, TX

·
Registered
2 Posts
They just called and told me they think it is something electrical but they can’t pinpoint exactly what and they’re still trying the figure it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My a/c seems to go in and out while driving. Can hear fan blowing, but no cold air coming out. This happened before and reset itself when car was turned off to refuel. Of course, dealer couldn't reproduce problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just got our Telluride late summer and AC not working (yes it’s December but had a 70 degree day and wife needed air on) . Dealer “rock hit condenser $1200. I googled and got this website. I’ve owned several cars over my life, driven on gravel, nearly every interstate system in the U.S. and never had a rock hit a condenser.. the fact that the dealers have the same explanation - statistical anomaly at best- inherent problem in design at worst... i twould like to accumulate all these reprts , form a social media site and hammer KIA into a recall fix or settlement..

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just got our Telluride late summer and AC not working (yes it's December but had a 70 degree day and wife needed air on) . Dealer "rock hit condenser $1200. I googled and got this website. I've owned several cars over my life, driven on gravel, nearly every interstate system in the U.S. and never had a rock hit a condenser.. the fact that the dealers have the same explanation - statistical anomaly at best- inherent problem in design at worst... i twould like to accumulate all these reprts , form a social media site and hammer KIA into a recall fix or settlement..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it just got hot enough in Pittsburgh to turn on AC. This will be 3rd time back to dealer. First just added Freon. Second time put in New pipe that took 4 weeks to get and in a loaner. Now still not working. I love this car but losing confidence quickly. So frustrated...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got back from the dealership they told me the same thing. I asked them to provide a picture of the "damage" to submit to the insurance, and they give me this. That level of damage can be found on any vehicle that has driven more than a couple thousand miles on any any highway. Either A) KIA is putting in the crappiest and shadiest condenser ever manufactured. Or B) KIA is using cosmetic damage and consumer ignorance to cover up an systemic issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Currently dealing with the ”hole in the condenser“ issue as we speak. We went into our dealer (amazing people, I trust them 100%, relatives work there) and showed them this forum... way too much of a coincidence we are all having the same exact problem. We were quoted $1200 to fix. We explained this to sales and to services, and they gave us all the info to file a claim. This is the first time they’re dealing with this in our area, (south NJ).

We just filed a claim, we have a case number. They said we‘ll hear back Tuesday at the latest. Best case scenario they own up and realize this is a Telluride problem and cover it. Worse case scenario they say we’re SOL, but hopefully if enough people report this problem, one day down the line it could be a recall and others won’t have to suffer.

Incredilbly disappointing and I’m sad.. I adore my Telluride. Biggest concern, even if insurance will cover it this time, will this become a consistent issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got back from the dealership they told me the same thing. I asked them to provide a picture of the "damage" to submit to the insurance, and they give me this. That level of damage can be found on any vehicle that has driven more than a couple thousand miles on any any highway. Either A) KIA is putting in the crappiest and shadiest condenser ever manufactured. Or B) KIA is using cosmetic damage and consumer ignorance to cover up an systemic issue.
My picture looks just like yours. We’re scared that even if we allow them to fix the condenser, will we have another problem down the line because they aren’t actually getting to the root of the issue?

Do you have a plan for what you’re going to do? Have you filed a claim?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just got our Telluride late summer and AC not working (yes it’s December but had a 70 degree day and wife needed air on) . Dealer “rock hit condenser $1200. I googled and got this website. I’ve owned several cars over my life, driven on gravel, nearly every interstate system in the U.S. and never had a rock hit a condenser.. the fact that the dealers have the same explanation - statistical anomaly at best- inherent problem in design at worst... i twould like to accumulate all these reprts , form a social media site and hammer KIA into a recall fix or settlement..
Did anything ever come of your fight against Kia? Has the issue been resolved for you? Our issue is identical down to the cause and price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 telluride with 15K miles had same issue - smallest of holes in condenser made AC not function. Repair was $1600. Called KIA consumer line and got a case number but nothing will come of it until they acknowledge there is an issue and needs to be addressed with recall. The condenser sits right in front of the grill offering no protection from flying rocks - no matter the size - during normal drive situations. Love this car but won't pay for repair again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 telluride with 15K miles had same issue - smallest of holes in condenser made AC not function. Repair was $1600. Called KIA consumer line and got a case number but nothing will come of it until they acknowledge there is an issue and needs to be addressed with recall. The condenser sits right in front of the grill offering no protection from flying rocks - no matter the size - during normal drive situations. Love this car but won't pay for repair again.
UPDATE: Found someone on KIA FB page that makes screens to cover the "vents"...waiting delivery

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only have 7000 miles on my telluride and suddenly the ac stopped working. Bright it into the dealership today and they said a gold ball sized rock his my ax condenser causing damage. And like you all have said, it is not covered by my warranty.

This sounds like a design issue and I am concerned it will happen again and again, so I am calling Kia Consumer Affairs

21 - 40 of 52 Posts