Kia Telluride Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone who owns one please post some measurements of the interior cargo area?

At floor level, and with seats folded down, what the distance between the wheel well housings?

What's the width of the hatch opening at floor level? (hopefully at least as large as the wheelwell measurement)

At floor level, what's the longest length for cargo (a box for example) with the seats folded down and the rear gate closed?
thanks.
PS I'm assuming these measurements are the same regardless of trim level, but not positive on that. But if trim level matters, I'm interested in the Telluride SX trim.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Also interested in knowing this for myself as well. Most sources list vague and general info like how much liters or cubic feet it'll hold, and that's it. I miss the days when automotive publications would do these measurements. Car and Driver, Motor Trend and a few others used to do them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I miss the days when publications would show us physical items being stuffed into the back of vehicles like the Palisade, like those 20-roll packs of toilet paper which just about everyone here can use for measure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for sharing this Tellurider, a much better representation of the storage area as opposed to overall cubic feet. With the second and third row down, there is an impressive amount of floor space.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for sharing this Tellurider, a much better representation of the storage area as opposed to overall cubic feet. With the second and third row down, there is an impressive amount of floor space.
Numbers still lead regardless.
So if space is what you need, the Telluride is one of the few options that also shine in other key areas like fuel economy. Its really the best all around utility vehicle in its segment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope this helps. Cheers!
Thanks for that. For me, usable cargo space implies not blocking visibilty. Does anybody have the distance from the floor to the base of the rear window? Also, I see there's a handle in the floor behind the 3rd. row. Is that hinged with storage below or something else?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for that. For me, usable cargo space implies not blocking visibilty. Does anybody have the distance from the floor to the base of the rear window? Also, I see there's a handle in the floor behind the 3rd. row. Is that hinged with storage below or something else?
The handle opens up the basement storage beneath the floor of the cargo area behind the 3rd row.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Measurements are the best. Tellurider- Great job, especially taking the time and having the ability to show the dimensions in the photos as clear as you did! Excellent.

I have need to periodically carry 4' x 6' plastic signs in my vehicle.

Tellurider or Others, based on the dimensions, with all seats folded, it appears a 4' x 6' sheet wouldn't fit. It looks like the drop in width at the wheelwells would stop it, and if not there, certainly with the drop in height as it would cross the folded 2nd row.

Can anyone please confirm there isn't 48" diagonal? Either at the wheel wells or a half foot behind the front seats ?

Awesome job!

·
Registered
1 Posts
These measurements are greatly appreciated.
However, two measurement that are missing (and that are very important for me now) is the height of the rear opening, namely:
1. The height of the rear opening
2. The floor-to-ceiling height at the tallest inner part just inside the rear of the Telluride (it's usually tallest just a bit inside the rear opening)

...Trying to see if a couple kids' small bikes can slide in 'upright' in the back
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have the verticle dimension of the rear opening. Floor to top of opening? What year are you measuring? Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts