Kia Telluride Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Ok, I called my Kia dealer here in northern Illinois and asked about removing the tow hitch module fuse and he informed me that One, KIA has NOT sent them anything in writing about the fire problem, Two, he only first heard about this problem on Friday (26th) and lastly, he does not know about removing the fuse from the module. I inquired that if the drivetrains on the Hyundai and the Kia are the same, could not the Hydundai temporay solution of the fuse removal work for the Kia until a final remedy is found? He said he would "reach out" to his contacts and call me back. No answer as of this writing.. Anybody else contact their Kia dealer with this info?

· Registered
6 Posts
Ok, I called my Kia dealer here in northern Illinois and asked about removing the tow hitch module fuse and he informed me that One, KIA has NOT sent them anything in writing about the fire problem, Two, he only first heard about this problem on Friday (26th) and lastly, he does not know about removing the fuse from the module. I inquired that if the drivetrains on the Hyundai and the Kia are the same, could not the Hydundai temporay solution of the fuse removal work for the Kia until a final remedy is found? He said he would "reach out" to his contacts and call me back. No answer as of this writing.. Anybody else contact their Kia dealer with this info?
Well, it's been a month since I called my Kia dealer about this recall. I called them again and Kia has no solution, either temporary (as Hyundai has done) or permanent to solve this problem. When quizzed about the Hyundai fix, I was told, "yea, I heard about that but Kia hasn't said anything about doing that". The merry go round continues!

· Registered
6 Posts
I finally received my recall letter from Kia and Triumphal Arch is correct. The recall ONLY pertains to the 4 pin harness , not Tellurides without a hitch or one with the 7 pin harness which I have. I also didn't realize they had 4 pin harnesses but I believe that they may be a dealer installed item. Anyways, happy days for me at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts