Kia Telluride Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is David and I live in Houston, TX. My father-in-law owns a ‘17 Sorento, and he’s a big car guy who loves to research cars. When we told him we were looking to buy a vehicle, he suggested that we look at the Telluride and told us about the ratings & reviews plus Kia’s overall quality and reputation (and warranty).

A friend of mine is the marketing guy for a local Chevy dealership, and I test drove a brand new, ‘19 Tahoe. With the “friends & family” discount, I still would have paid ~$12k more for a new ‘19 Tahoe compared to what we ended up paying for a ‘20 Telluride.

We ordered a Dark Moss SX with Buttersscotch interior, and the floor mood lighting in mid-June from Fort Bend Kia (went outside the city to pay MSRP rather than pay a “market adjustment fee” in/closer to Houston). We were told it would take 3 to 5 months, and it is scheduled to be delivered the end of this month (about 3.5 months).

Very excited!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum @DHamilton23! That's a really nice color combination you went with! Aside from the price, is there anything in particular that made the Telluride stand out for you compared to the Tahoe?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome!
I know Kia has been playing catch up with demand by ramping up production.
Hopefully your delivery timeline goes by smoothly with no hiccups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m in sales & drive all over Houston for work. My father-in-law’s Sorento has ventilated seats & I borrowed it recently on a very hot & humid day - aka normal summer day here. We’re an extremely tall family & I wanted plenty of leg room in the 2nd row. My father-in-law compared 1st & 2nd row leg room for large SUVs, and put together a list with the US News & World Reports rankings plus the price for the lowest package with ventilated seats. Telluride was ranked #1 and significantly cheaper than the others.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in sales & drive all over Houston for work. My father-in-law's Sorento has ventilated seats & I borrowed it recently on a very hot & humid day - aka normal summer day here. We're an extremely tall family & I wanted plenty of leg room in the 2nd row. My father-in-law compared 1st & 2nd row leg room for large SUVs, and put together a list with the US News & World Reports rankings plus the price for the lowest package with ventilated seats. Telluride was ranked #1 and significantly cheaper than the others.
That's what i'm finding as well.
Its nearly perfect as far as i'm concerned.
Only change I would like to see are less Escalade front end styling and a hybrid engine option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what i'm finding as well.
Its nearly perfect as far as i'm concerned.
Only change I would like to see are less Escalade front end styling and a hybrid engine option.
I'm noticing SUVs a lot more than I used to before I started shopping for one recently, and the one that I think is a Telluride out of the corner of my eye most often is the Range Rover. I think they look pretty similar from the front. Maybe there just aren't as many newer Escalades around me, but I haven't had that experience with Escalades.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm noticing SUVs a lot more than I used to before I started shopping for one recently, and the one that I think is a Telluride out of the corner of my eye most often is the Range Rover. I think they look pretty similar from the front. Maybe there just aren't as many newer Escalades around me, but I haven't had that experience with Escalades.
I've heard a lot of people say that as well. It's pretty clear where Kia got their inspiration from with the Telluride's design. They did a good job tweaking it with their own style.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts