Kia Telluride Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find what the base audio system is but the top spec SX model features a premium audio system from Harman Kardon. Media can be played through the 7 speaker setup or wirelessly through a pair of portable headphones.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We'll see how good it is. I have the HK 15 speaker system in the Stinger and it's not as good as I thought it should be for 750 watt and dual subs. Hoping for better sound fom this as there is more space so not as close to the speakers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Audiophiles should be more than happy as the factory system is a 10 speaker, 630 watt system.
To be fair we're just taking it for face value. I have no experience with premium audio systems from Kia's suppliers. What I do know is premium German automakers have moved more away from harman kardon and to bang & olufsen in recent years ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The move towards B&O audio is less about sound quality for the german and swedish automakers, more about marketing and investment. Many stereo companies make car specific audio systems and then "sell" them to the auto makers to get their names on the sales and marketing collateral and in the car itself. They have frequently found on high end luxury cars this leads to those same buyers having brand loyalty when they outfit their home.
However, BOSE, HK and many others have given up on this trend and instead have focused on being in the mid-market vehicles and selling their ear buds and headphones, wireless speaker setups, etc. This is actually a higher volume play for them and proven to be more profitable. B&O doesnt care about volume, they want exclusivity only.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We'll see how good it is. I have the HK 15 speaker system in the Stinger and it's not as good as I thought it should be for 750 watt and dual subs. Hoping for better sound fom this as there is more space so not as close to the speakers.
It's decent. But not blow your mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts