Kia Telluride Forums banner

Telluride Coolant Problems

2997 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Glofp1959
Does anyone have any helpful answer(s) for KIA Telluride coolant problems? It started with a warning audible alert: Engine Overheated!! Why and How? All of my maintenance has been done regularly. Recently had oil change, tires rotated and transmission fluids completed. Now the engine malfunction light has come on as well and all of the coolant is completely empty from the container?? The cap was on secured tightly, no leaks in the hose from Radiator to Coolant container. Haven’t noticed a crack in container, but signs of sprayed underneath hood and right front passenger tire wheel well.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Does anyone have any helpful answer(s) for KIA Telluride coolant problems? It started with a warning audible alert: Engine Overheated!! Why and How? All of my maintenance has been done regularly. Recently had oil change, tires rotated and transmission fluids completed. Now the engine malfunction light has come on as well and all of the coolant is completely empty from the container?? The cap was on secured tightly, no leaks in the hose from Radiator to Coolant container. Haven’t noticed a crack in container, but signs of sprayed underneath hood and right front passenger tire wheel well.
Sounds like you have a leak I have a 2020 SXP and around September 2021 we had an issue with one of those hoses leaking they had to replace it. id head to your dealer and have them really take a look and provide you with a loaner while you wait
My 2022 Kia Telluride after having it for 5 months brand new my heat in my truck wasn’t keeping my vehicle warm. It was blowing cool air when it was in a parked position, stopped at a red light, wouldn’t get or stay warm after driving more than 15 miles and when you put blower on automatic it would start blowing cool air before the vehicle was warmed up. The dealer replaced my thermostat in March of 2022 after owning my brand new Telluride for only 5 months. The weather didn’t get cold enough after that to know it was still running cool. This winter it was the same, when I took it back to dealer for my oil change I told them the problem was still there, they did my oil change and made me a appointment for my heating problem. Never did the dealer inform me after the oil change that my coolant was leaking. When I brought it back for the heating appointment that’s when the dealership told me I was leaking coolant and my right rear heater line had to be replaced and the dealership wanted to charge me $1300 to fix it because they tried to tell me when my vehicle was hit in June of 2022 it damaged that part, but I told them it was a fender bender just cosmetic repair only, and the healing problem was before the accident. I informed the dealer I wasn’t going to pay for something that was a problem before the accident, so I called Kia customer care line to complain and went back to dealership and told them no repairs are to be done until Kia investigation was done. Well to my surprise after I picked up my vehicle 3 days later it ran heat yesterday and the engine overheated signal came on right when I was pulling up at home. Something is going on with the Kia Telluride heating system.
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts