Kia Telluride Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Denver Auto Show. They had a ride and drive available and low and behold they had the White/Dune combination. Mine will be here on April 8th in this combination. It looks and drives incredibly well and the fit and finish are top-notch. I bought mine sight unseen and without a test drive. Glad I went with my instincts. The Dune leather is beautiful

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Always loved lighter interior colors like that but feared how they would get stained by denim. Anone have advice on how to protect seats like these?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Always loved lighter interior colors like that but feared how they would get stained by denim. Anone have advice on how to protect seats like these?
It's been a long time since I've had light color leather, and these sorts of products weren't available back then, but here's one made by CQuartz that is highly recommended on detailing forums like autogeekonline.net LINK to video
I'm sure there are other comparable products that would work too.

You might search over on that forum for more info, or even join and ask some detailing questions. However, the coating doesn't last forever, and you'll still may need leather cleaner/conditioner products for interim cleaning (the video claim only a damp microfiber is needed, and maybe that's true but I have my doubts)

Also...I'm not sure about this, but I think some products are not appropriate for Nappa leather. I would assume it would say on the label if it's not. I don't think it ruins it, it just doesn't work as well. Something to do with the softness of Nappa leather if I recall.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love that color combo and glad to hear that the build quality lives up to expectations. The interior design is a real standout on the Telluride and quite surprising for the segment. From what I understand caring or Nappa is similar to traditional leather. Avoid anything with wax or silicone and do your best to keep it out of direct sunlight.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Love that color combo and glad to hear that the build quality lives up to expectations. The interior design is a real standout on the Telluride and quite surprising for the segment. From what I understand caring or Nappa is similar to traditional leather. Avoid anything with wax or silicone and do your best to keep it out of direct sunlight.
There's no way Kia would veer far off from where it ranks with build quality right now. I doubt it. Even if they do, reliability ratings are high end to keep consumers interested along with the attractive pricing and features.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got back from the Denver Auto Show. They had a ride and drive available and low and behold they had the White/Dune combination. Mine will be here on April 8th in this combination. It looks and drives incredibly well and the fit and finish are top-notch. I bought mine sight unseen and without a test drive. Glad I went with my instincts. The Dune leather is beautiful
Did you get the vehicle yet? I ordered the same color combo and can't wit to get it. Thanks for the pics it looks sharp.

Jeff R

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats!
Hopefully you inspected it and didn't noticed damage that happened during shipping. It happens at times, even at the dealership level. Sometimes even imperfections in the paint too from the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts