Kia Telluride Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite having a slightly higher starting price the 2020 Kia Telluride will cost less to lease compared to the Hyundai Palisade.

Citing a bulletin sent to dealers, Cars Direct broke down how much it will cost to lease both SUVs. The prices they use include the $1,045 destination charge.

According to a bulletin sent to dealers, lease pricing for the 2020 Palisade SE (MSRP $32,595) will start at $359 for 36 months with $3,399 due at signing. The national offer includes an allowance of 12,000 miles per year and equates to an effective cost of $453/month.

At the same time, the 2020 Kia Telluride LX (MSRP $32,735) is listed at $299 for 36 months with $3,499 at signing in most of the country with the same mileage allowance. Its effective cost? $396/month. That makes the Telluride $140 pricier on paper but $57/month cheaper to lease.
They also mention that the Telluride has other advantages to make it a better leasing deal than the Palisade.
First, the Telluride offer benefits from a higher residual value of 66% compared to just 63% for the Palisade. Kia is also offering a larger lease discount worth $1,000, compared to $500 from Hyundai.

Interest rates are similar, with a money factor of 0.00196 for the Telluride and 0.00208 for the Palisade. Neither is all that great, but this equates to a difference between 4.7% and 5.0% APR.
They also make a note to mention that when it comes to financing, the Palisade and Telluride are more evenly matched.
Having said all that, shoppers planning to buy may not experience the same sort of advantage.

Hyundai's first purchase offer for the Palisade consists of 1.9% APR for 60 months plus a $500 conquest bonus for coming from a competitor. The Telluride has the same rate but a slightly better bonus worth $1,000 for switching brands.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would be concerned if this price different wasn't a thing. The Palisade feels more buttoned up and what a Hyundai should, especially for one that could have been a Genesis product a few years back. The interior alone is enough to make you go Hyundai.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would be concerned if this price different wasn't a thing. The Palisade feels more buttoned up and what a Hyundai should, especially for one that could have been a Genesis product a few years back. The interior alone is enough to make you go Hyundai.
Overall I think the interiors are pretty similar, but there are a couple of interesting differences that I agree favors the Palisade.
- The Palisade having a digital instrument panel and not the Telluride
- The Telluride having a standard gear shifter while the Palisade has a push-button system. I know some people who don't like the push-buttons, but the push-buttons allow more space as well.
- The Palisade's power reclining third row seats, which the Telluride doesn't.

I think for customers it's all going to come down to exterior styling, which I think favors the Telluride. I think Hyundai played it too safe with the Palisade while Kia went with the bolder design.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.